Friday 24 June 2011

Where there is a will there is a way!

Learnt an important lesson about following my own advice today - having just settled a personal injury claim resulting in a nice cheque for the client I expressed my horror that he had no will - making the point that with a dependent wife and minor children he not only needed to make a will but review it from time to time. I explained that a straightforward will costs as little as £100 + vat and was worth reviewing every 5 years or so. My partner Mark Francis mfrancis@tolhurstfisher.com is sorting it out for him but it then occured to me that I had not looked at my own will for years and having hunted it out and blown the dust off realised that it was horribly out of date - didn't even mention the children who are 22 & 18! I've sorted it today but don't think I better own up to the wife and kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment